CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disgusting

I ate a filet o' fish for the first time this weekend. Ok, I ate HALF of a filet o' fish for the first time this weekend. I was so insanely disgusted by its disgustingness that I only got through one half of it.

Yeah, I know. Been a long time right and you're like, HEY why are you talking about a stupid fucking sandwich? Well, I blog at work now so I'm kind of down and out on blogging....

In other news, Cooper jumped out of a 2nd story hotel window while we were in Ocean City this weekend. We left him in the room for ONE HOUR so we could grab something to eat. He freaked, "OMG WHERE ARE MOM AND DAD", tore through the screen of the open window and jumped about 30 feet down to a friggin cement parking lot. Awesome. Luckily, someone caught him before he could run too far, shoved him back in the room, and also luckily we didn't go out drinking for hours. We came back, got the low-down from the hotel clerk, and then had to find an Animal Hospital for him as he was limping (and of course I assumed he had massive internal injuries and was near death, because I am a paranoid freak). First 3 we tried, ALL CLOSED. Fucking assholes. They say on their websites they're open...but ooooooeee they're not!!!! Sneaky mother fucking assholes.

So, we find the Pet ER open about 30 miles away. Immediately we think...FUCK, this is going to cost a fortune. Not like I really cared, but still, this dog is one expensive lovable fluffy guy. So, we take him to the Pet ER, where they deem him "fine", give him some pain pills and some spray stuff for his paw and send us on our way. They also said he's "milking" his injury probably for attention, because he wasn't limping as much when he was in the back with the doctors. Smart fucking dog.

1 day later, he's limping much worse. They didn't x-ray him at the Pet ER since they noticed he was bearing weight on his leg and assumed it wasn't broken. I dunno. Again, I'm the overparanoid jewish mother, so I just think its worse than it probably is. I'm going to give it one more day or 2, and then its off to the vet here. Which, let me tell you, our regular vet visits here in EXPENSIVE LAND cost about the same as a fucking Pet ER visit in a-bum-fuck Maryland. Just one more reason the Metro DC region is so great!

Wanna move here? Just bend over, and get used to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG MEL! Thats fricking insane! I'm glad Cooper is okay - and hopefully he's just milking it still. I can't believe he seriously jumped out a second story window (although Lando and him would make great partners in crime - they totally thing alike) Sorry you had to deal with that, but at least the ER visit didn't cost a fortune.

Also - I give you credit for trying the filet o fish - I've spent 27 years on this earth and haven't tried one!

Beth said...

I can't believe they didn't take an Xray anyways! Shitty place! I mean whether he is putting weight on it or not..that is a big fall and it needs attention...asses. Hope he is doing ok!

MellyDoodle said...

Allison - man you are not missing ANYTHING with the filet o fish. Scott warned me. I should have listened. Should have eaten a nice turkey sammy before we got in the car and left and ended up in a-bum-fuck Maryland with only a McD's to eat at. Hahah next time I'm in Ohio with the dog we should get the pups together. They can cause trouble and whatnot.

Beth - yeah, I know. He seemed to be honestly like, OK at the Pet ER. Just kinda fazed. Now, he seems all mopey and sad and he holds up his poor little paw...I feel bad for him, but I also tend to overreact.

Will report back in a few days on the progress of one escape artist Mr. Coops :-)

N said...

Mr. Coops is Super Dog. I wouldn't have the balls to jump out of a second story window!

MellyDoodle said...

Yep, he's super something. More like super stupid :-)