CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Great Halloween Cupcake Debacle

First: let me apologize for my long absence. Moving to a new house, the lack of a fridge for 2 weeks, my job, getting the dog groomed and nearly having a breakdown as a result, a back injury, and life in general has really distracted me. So, I'M BACK WITH A VENGEANCE.

Second: we carved pumpkins...mine was, well, phenomenal. Here is a photo:



Yes, I'm that good. Nuf said.

So tonight I came home from a lovely bone-cracking chiropractic visit and decided to bake Halloween cupcakes. From a box, of course. I'm not the Barefoot Contessa, I don't bake from scratch on weeknights. So, while I'm measuring the like 3 ingredients that go in, I become distracted by...something?...and somehow put in twice as much water as required. So I'm mixing the cupcakes up like, why the fawk are these so liquidy? Then I look at my Pyrex measuring cup and notice I was glancing at the 1 pint line, not the 1 cup line. Great. I can't even make a goddamned box of cupcakes correctly. So what do I do? Put my "Sandra Lee hat" on and think of what I could dump in there to make something respectable out of it. In went flour, vanilla, baking powder, some other shit, I don't know. What came out was this odd combination between muffins, cupcakes, and rubber. I ate one, and felt like I had just consumed an entire loaf of sourdough bread. Trash, say hello to dozens of cup-rubimuffincakes.

So much for my mad baking skillz.

0 comments: