CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 23, 2009

Thank god, Inauguration is over. And, some other random shite.

I just want people to get the hell outta here, for the roads to be open like normal, and for it to not take me 40 minutes to get to work.

Finally, we are achieving normalcy again. Its wonderful.

Work is odd. We now have a ton of things in limbo, sitting on the desks of folks who have up and left their politically appointed jobs for industry and awaiting new appointees who will likely trash our work and have us start over. such is life in the revolving door of the government.

I just made the most delicious roast chicken. I'm telling you, invest in some Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. That woman rocks it.

Saw Revolutionary Road. DiCaprio was robbed of an Oscar nod. Amazing performances all around.

Finally my raise kicked in, so what did I do? Pay bills you ask? Nope, went on kate spade and got myself a pair of shoes and a clutch. They were on sale, so shut it, but I really should have paid off my Macy's card...or Banana card...or cell phone bill...erm...oops.

Over the weekend inaugural madness took over, and I found myself holding the door open for Adrian Grenier at Indeblu in DC. A couple $15 glass of wine later and suddenly I had Jamie persuading me that we needed to have bottle service and get our table roped off. Do you know how much that costs? A shitload. I suppose that consuming inordinate amounts of vodka, champagne, Voss water, a grilled cheese, and returning home at 5 am realizing we aren't going to make the Inauguration on the mall is worth it. Sounds like one of those MasterCard commercials, no? Cept all that cost money. A hell of a lot of it.

On that note, I am realizing I have a serious spending problem and should probably like, try to stop that.

Oh well. Off to eat some homemade fro-yo.

2 comments:

N said...

I would like to begin by saying I love the pic of you and Scotty and the hilarious caption underneath. That's good shit! I will also say that although going to see the inauguration would have been sweet, getting drunk and eating grilled cheese is always a better memory. And if I ever visit you, will you make me eggplant parm? It's my fave.

MellyDoodle said...

honestly, grilled cheese is just the perfect drunk food. i also had bacon and tomato on mine, but i was so damn drunk i don't even think i tasted it. but i know it was delicious..

and yes, i will make you eggplant parm. its the only thing i eat at olive garden and i decided i needed to make a healthier version. it was muy delicioso. i will make you anything you want!

you and kate should come visit me and we can have girls weekend. would be funnnnnn