CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend in review

Hmm nothing too exciting. Here's what went on (yep I'm too lazy to write in complete sentences so here you go)

- Friday, went to happy hour with Scotty for a drink. Ended up drinking for 6 hours, but he bought me an Entertainment book (likely as a result of the double 7 & 7's) so it turned out to be an OK night. Also got to try a new bar called the Light Horse. Me likey, Scott no likey. I explained to him you can't fault the bar for charging you double when you order a double, but he's still pissed. I bet if I paid that tab he would have liked Light Horse. Whatev.

- Saturday, went to Georgetown. Had to return the Kate Spade clutch i ordered...just didn't do it for me. Loved the pattern, did not love the size of the bag. I didn't see anything else I liked there so I took that cashola and headed to the Banana Republic sale. The g-town BR is like, stoopid good. They have stuff there I never see at other BRs. I was able to really control myself and only bought 2 shirts for me, 2 for Scott. Total, $50. Not bad. I still might go back and get the coat I wanted, picked up, and put down 3 times.

- Saturday, left Georgetown, got fucking lost. See, I can get to Georgetown with my eyes closed. Its going home that causes the problems. So I end up in...god knows where. I was famished at this point, so I stopped for a large diet coke and some fries at mcdonalds. Thank god, because I somehow inserted myself into a massive traffic jam. I pulled a U-turn probably where I was not supposed to, but fuck it. I came home. Saw Benjamin Button. Really, really fucking good.

- Sunday, Scott was on a mission to find some kind of racing shoes that they are selling at Ross (like a shittier Marshalls) for only $20. Drove around all over the goddamn place looking for these shoes, to some really not sweet areas, to 3 different Ross's, only found 1 pair. Oh well at least we were sort of succesful. Also got some disgusting ass sandwich at Bruegger's Bagels. I will spare you a rant on that place. Stopped at Target, only to pick up a prescription but spent about $140 between us. Typical.

- Let me also interject it is 60 degrees right now. This is fucking amazing. Perfect time to start my new running program, one of those things that trains you to run in intervals for people like myself that can barely run up some stairs without getting out of breath. I want to run a 5k this year. So, I did it, it was hard, but good.

- On dock for the rest of the evening: steak fajitas, the super bowl (not for the game, just for the commercials, and because we also got 3-d glasses at Target for some kind of 2 minute ad they are playing at halftime), and fucking relaxation.

I am turning into quite the potty mouth. Rahm Emmanuel must be rubbing off on me.

2 comments:

N said...

I actually boycotted the Super Bowl this year in an effort to spend more time focusing on the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. It's much more entertaining, and I actually cared about who won. And I want to take a trip in March! Where are we going?

MellyDoodle said...

yep, we did total flip back and forth with the puppy bowl. i LOOOOVE puppy bowl :-) did you see those big fluffy black and white dogs? wtf were those, I loved them. not as much as mr. coops of course, but like, they could have been his bff.

yayyyy! i'm glad you and kate are now both on board for march trip. i will look for fun cheap places for us :-)