CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My newest vice

Is reading celebrities' twitter pages. If that's what you call them...pages? Who the fuck cares. All I have discovered is that it's really immensely entertaining. Take, for example, some of these gems I saw this evening while I was surfing the tubes (and while I should have been in bed, asleep, but that's neither here nor there).

Diddy's page: If anyone is with q tip. Tell him to call me pls!!!!!
Mel's response: Seriously? You think someone out there reading your twitters (tweets?) just happens to be with q tip at that very moment?

Neil Diamond's page:
I made someone's dream come true with a hug. Life is good (and the sun shines in L.A.)
Mel's response: Wow. If only I had powers like Neil Diamond's. And if only I was in LA where the sun in shining and not in this snowy cold shithole.

Mischa Barton's page: Hey guys, check out this video of me jewelry Shopping at the P3R Showroom! XOXO MB :)
Mel's response: What a rough, rough life that must be. Jewelry shopping. Torture.


Tina Fey's page: Am I eating a Caramello bar for lunch? Yes. Yes I am.
Mel's response: You are my idol.

Penn Jillette: I'm off to LA to pitch a few things. I'm want to do a movie about Vermeer and I want to do a bloody slasher film where I'm the bad guy.
Mel's response: I want to have endless amounts of money and 400 pairs of cole haan shoes. I want I want I want. Greedy magicians.

John Cleese: Thinking about tooth decay...
Mel's response: Aren't we all?

So you all see the huge social value of twitter, right? I mean reading the random crap celebrities post is just endlessly amusing for some reason. Like, I could post the same shit they post but its not nearly as cool or funny because I don't have paparazzi stalking me all day and I don't have millions of dollars. I dunno. Something about it seems voyeuristic, and fascinating. I will not start a twitter page, however, because I have a hard enough time updating my blog and checking facebook 4,312 times a day so really there is no free time left. And no one wants to read what I have to say THAT MANY TIMES A DAY. Not even I want to read that. Come on now.


2 comments:

Beth said...

I would read it...and probably make comments about your posts like u have about the celebrities...SHEESH :) I agree though...I am glad those are their worries and not "i hope i can pay my bills" "i hope i can afford to send my kids to college" Ahh the life of careless people...HAHA

N said...

Um, how do I get access to a twitter? Because I think I need to see these things. And I think when you don't feel like just regular blogging, just pull a twitter (why does that sound kinda dirty?). In fact, my blog today will be a twitter and I will dedicate it to you!