CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Well....I did it.

I went to the mall at 1pm. I never go to the mall at that time. I'm one of those people who is there the second the mall opens, I take approximately 1 hour and do what I need to do and I leave, mostly because I hate people have no patience for crowds, slow walkers, and lines. OOOOee boy it was kind of stressful, but I really wanted to exchange a pair of Cole Haans I bought online (ok when you say SAGE GREEN they should not be GOLD, but maybe I need to study my color wheel a bit more). Did that pretty quickly, and decided to browse a bit in some other stores - which is where I went wrong. I should have just left then and there and called it a successful day.

Banana Republic was hot, crowded, and full of rude people tearing apart the sale section. I feigned interest for about 3.2 minutes and then left. Tried jcrew...god that store just screams I'M PRETENTIOUS, YET REALLY BORING. So I walked in, walked out. Went to Macy's where the shoe section (yeah, I spend $100 on a pair of shoes and then go look at more...that a problem?) was just a complete madhouse. So I realized my success really did end when I left Cole Haan, and I ske-daddled.

After that, I did lots of neat things, like get gas (have I told you how much I love paying for premium fuel? I do. I really really do.), go to the bank, and then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Marshalls. I have a love-hate relationship with that place, so I decided maybe I'd have some luck and stopped on in. For a total of $15, I managed to score a set of 4 stemless wine glasses and 2 adorable ceramic dog bowls for Mr. Coops. A good haul, I'd say, and I think it made my afternoon cross back over the line of "successful".

Now, I'm just killing some time before I go out drinking with Jen, and where we will finish planning our trip to Miami Beach in May.

Now only if this weather would stop being so FUCKING GODDAMNED DEPRESSING, things would be all-around pretty swell.

1 comments:

N said...

I feel the same way about Marshall's. That store is like a beer-once you are aware it's near you, you can't just not try it out.