CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, November 2, 2007

Me Crazy White Lady

Have you ever had something one minute, and then you put it somewhere, and now you just can't find it? Why, I'm facing this exact dilemma right now! About 3 weeks ago, I ordered some books from overstock.com. A cookbook (which is sitting on my kitchen counter), The Devil in the White City (which I finished reading and is now sitting on my bookshelf), Love in the Time of Cholera (which I started reading last night and is on my nightstand), and The Conscience of a Liberal, which is….? Missing? I distinctly remember taking the book out of the box, admiring the shiny cover, saying gee that looks like an interesting read, and then deciding to read The Devil in the White City first. So, where did I put that book? No frigging clue. I looked practically everywhere in the house I could think of last night and it is just…nowhere. Did it get up and walk away? Did Cooper eat it? Is it wearing Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak? I'm thinking none of the above. Seriously, there is nothing more frustrating than knowing the damn book is right under my nose, somewhere in the house…this is what I get for wanting a bigger house. I thought I was absent minded before...apparently I've entered a whole new realm of crazy lady.

0 comments: