CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Adventures in Dogsitting

Ahh yes, brings back memories to the old 80's movie Adventures in Babysitting with Elisabeth Shue, what a great flick. As were many 80's movies, such as one of my top, all time favorite movies EVER and THE best 80's movie EVER: St. Elmo's Fire. Ahh. I am totally watching that this weekend with a bottle of wine. Or a pizza. Or perhaps both, we'll see how I'm feeling. I'm just that sophisticated, and decisive. Throwing in a little "debate talk". Speaking of, way back when Obama was going to announce his VP choice, I signed up for that little cell phone text message dealy-thing so I could feel all neat and trendy and in-the-know. And thanks for that 3 AM text announcement, btw. Don't think I've quite said how grateful I am for that one. So, I'm on the list. Well, now I can't get off the goddamned list. And to top it off, AT&T and my crackberry (which is so fucked, its more like methlab-berry) both SUCK A BIG FAT ONE. For example, just now, at 11:40 PM I got a text telling me to watch the VP debate at 9 PM. Erm. What? Maverick? No telly time good?

So anyway, until Saturday sometime we are watching the dog of one of Scott's co-workers. It's a longhaired daschund, quite cute, a little feisty, and pretty much not fond of Mr. Coops in the least. Here's how its been going:

Mr. Coops: BARK BARK BARK BARK (lick little dog's weiner) BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK (butt sniff) (lick lick licky licky) BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

Small Dog: scurry....run...hide in couch cushions....SNAPPY BARK...hide...hide more...hide...what is this big furry thing? hide...where's my dad? hide...

Mr. Coops: BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK FUCK YOU I WANNA PLAY BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

So, yeah you get the picture. I have a splitting headache, and I left my bottle of Excedrin on my desk at work, since that's usually the place that causes me the most pain. Oh, waaaaahhhh I know. But fuck it, work gives me a headache. So be it. What was I talking about again?

Oh yeah, 80's movies. I'm telling you, if you haven't seen and loved St. Elmo's Fire, you haven't lived. And if you wanna debate me on what you think the best 80's movie is, go right ahead. You have 2 minutes.

1 comments:

N said...

I feel like the best 80s movie needs to be placed in categories, so I will make a list:
Horror: Poltergeist
Comedy: Big
Drama: Breakfast Club
Christmas: A Christmas Story
Stupid: Ghostbusters or Spaceballs
Gangster: Scarface