CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 9, 2007

An interesting epiphany.

After over 4 weeks (I think?) of my new job, I've been to the Pentagon quite a few times. I never felt unsafe going there, but sometimes I just get this thought in the back of my mind like, hey, maybe I should tell Scott I'll be there from 1-4 today (like I was today, and which I did tell him) just in case. After a lengthy meeting I walked down the hall with my PM, who has worked at the Pentagon for quite some time. "Over here", he points out, "is right where the plane hit."

Um, what?

I just kind of look around and say "wow, I can't believe that..." Meanwhile I'm like yeah I'm ready to go back to my cube that is NOT at the Pentagon. So then I come home and start doing a bit of research about that day, and find something that honestly scared me a bit. Go click on this website. Pay no attention to the conspiracy theory crap, that's not my point. See that box, "Wedge 1", that's highlighted and the list of 8 rooms? Well, the room I happened to be in, and the room I will be in at least 3 times a month happens to be block #7 in that diagram.

Back to the Pentagon, same room, on Thursday. I think I'll view it all a little bit differently than I did before.

1 comments:

Linsey said...

I think you should let all of your blog friends know exactly when you are at the pentagon. That way we will know if you make it out alive...

in other news, can't wait to see you on wednesday!!