CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend in Review: Sun and Motorcades

What a weekend it was! 75+ degrees and sunny all weekend (yep, I'm sunburned)...I'm hoping this weather is here to stay. It makes me like living here so much more :-)

Anyhoo, this weekend was quite fun. Friday night I went out drinking with Linsey and had a fabulous time. Saturday morning I awoke to the sun and warmth, and sat outside and fried my pale ass body in the nice weather. Scott and I then cleaned up and headed to DC to hopefully sit outside and have a burger and beer somewhere. I randomly say, "hey, let's head up to Dupont Circle and see whats up". Oops. As we get closer we get stuck in ridiculous traffic everywhere, and finally are able to escape into a parking garage. I notice we're right next to the Hilton Washington in Dupont. I finally connect the dots and realize the Correspondent's dinner is that evening, and that the President is gonna roll through soon. So THAT'S why we've been hearing helicopters buzzing overhead for the past 30 minutes.

As we walk down the street looking for some eats, we stop in a place called Il Tomate (or something) which, btw, is one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had. But as we sat at the bar drinking a glass of wine, we suddenly notice the traffic all stop and about 15 police motorcycles come whizzing by. Then about 8 cop cars, then the 2 Presidential limos, then about 10 black SUV's with various satellite equipment on top. It was kind of amusing as they were hauling ass down the street to see everyone's windows down (not the Prez's of course) and all the people had tuxedos on and were peering out the window at the regular folk on the street. W00t, my first Presidential motorcade!

So we struggle through our shiteous dinner and, after leaving exactly $0 for a tip, walk down to a bar called Gazuza. I discover it's affiliated with the Chi Cha lounge and I start downing some mojitos and we just relax and chill. After a while, we walk back outside and hear those familiar helicopters again. We sat right across from the Hilton (since we couldn't get our car out anyway) and watched the Prez leave. This time I was close enough to see that he was in the first car, sitting next to the window. So after seeing the gross display of power yet again, we hop in the car and head home.

So, good friends, good drinks, 2 motorcades, and really awesome weather. Not a bad weekend.

OH and the best news--I'm going to see Anita for the weekend of my (dreaded) 25th birthday! AWESOME!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. all other weekends cower in the presence of such a weekend doodles!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.