CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, September 8, 2008

Rental Carz Roxz

Not so much. But since I've had the opportunity...or maybe misfortune?...to have driven 3 different rental cars in the past 2 months, I thought I would take the opportunity to comment on their shittyness. Coming in last place on Mel's patented shittyness scale is...

THE HYUNDAI ACCENT. Is this car actually meant to be driven on a road? With other CARS? Gasp! No literally, I feared for my life in this one. I think its meant for those learning to drive in an empty parking lot in the middle of nowhere. Cause honestly, as to why someone would voluntarily buy one is beyond me.

Next, coming in illustrious second on the scale...so meaning middle of shittyness...

THE CHEVY AVEO. Now, I think it comes in the middle because (1) the one I drove was bright yellow [sidenote: it was yellow Aveo or Red Kia. Obvious choice] and (2) I felt slightly less like I was going to die in a crushing accident than in the Accent. Not much though.

Finally, coming in first, which really ain't saying much in this group of shitty ass automobiles is...

THE SATURN AURA XR. Really, I couldn't not put it in first as it was the only car that had a V6 (really the only one that actually went anywhere when I put my foot on the gas) and the one I felt safest in. However, it makes me feel like an old grandma driving a car that is too powerful and if ya step on the gas too hard is like I might drive through the window of the Old Folks home. I don't even think I felt as grandma-ish driving my mom's old Buick. I have no idea what it is about this automobile, but I age a solid 50 years when I get in it.

Anyone drive any rental cars lately that are better or worse than mine?

0 comments: