CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Playing politics

I've been surprisingly apolitical on this blog considering I live only a few miles from the District...however, the firestorm surrounding the U.S. Attorney firings has really peaked my interest. What especially peaked my interest is this article, actually written by one of the fired attorneys. If you didn't think twice about the whole debacle before...I dunno, as to why he actually thanked President Bush at the end is beyond me, HOWEVER, what this shows is that this article isn't some left-wing nutso such as myself spewing opinions--it's straight from the mouth of a Republican. An unjustly fired Republican at that.

Sigh...

Good luck to Amber tomorrow in her job interview, I know she wants it and I think she'll do a great job :-). Good luck to myself surviving the political and bureaucratic firestorm at my own job (I guess that's what I get for working @ one of the big government agencies, eh?). Which reminds me...

A guy I work with used to work in some pretty high level areas with some pretty important people in a very well known building in Washington, D.C. Three interesting things he filled me in on today: Bill Clinton was pretty cool, laid back. Harriet Miers (WH Counsel) is umm...how do I say it...biotchy? Scooter Libby was cool, quite nice. And Rove? Apparently he's a dirty joke teller, and a damn funny guy.

Only one that shocked me was Rove...but then again...frickin Republicans.

0 comments: