CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 28, 2007

A Big ol' post with lots of photos

To make up for my absence the past 2 weeks I decided to make a big post to redeem myself. Here's what I have to report on:

Report 1: Kelly P's wedding: fun, I took like 2 good photos if that. I also am happy to report that I officially crashed my first wedding with Damien. We basically noticed the wedding next door had 2 open bars, so we went right in. Note that Kelly P's wedding was dry, cept for the 1 hour "cocktail hour". So we walked into the other wedding, got drinks, tipped the bartender, and did the ultimate--headed out to the dance floor to rock out. Yes, at the wedding we crashed. I'm sure we looked ridiculous attempting to pretend we were on "Dancing with the Stars" or whatever the hell it was we were doing out there, but it was so damn fun. It was so great to see all the grad school buds again too. Here are a few photos--please note I should never have possession of a camera while drinking.

Here's Damien doing god knows what:


Here's me and Tara, notice I look wasted:


Finally, the piece de resistance: the empty beer cans under our table (hey we had to get drunk somehow right, I say bringing beer down from the room in a garbage can with ice is totally fine)


Report 2: Memorial Day Weekend
Since between the both of us traveling Scott and I have barely seen each other in the past 3 weeks we decided to just go all out and have all kinds of fun this weekend. Weather was gorgeous. Friday night was drinking in DC--we went to Chinatown, Rosa Mexicano for some strong ass pomegranite margaritas, our favorite place Shelly's Back Room, then to...um...not sure. But I drank too much and decided to be a bit of an exhibitionist in the metro station. Ask about that later. No photos from that thank god.
Saturday was Auto Cross and that was BRUTAL given my major hangover and the fact that my body hates sun and heat. That took up the whole day, and then that night we friggin vegged out.
Sunday was MY day, so I chose to go to Pimlico, the track in Baltimore where the Preakness is held every year. Let me tell you that place is in the fawking GHETTO. Like, GHETTOTTOOOOOOOO. But we had a few drinks and bet on some ponies and I of course lost pretty much every race. Still tons o'fun tho. A few pics:






After we navigated our way out of the ghetto (which seems to encompass the vast majority of Baltimore) we went down to the lovely Fells Point area to get a crabcake or something at one of our favorite restaurants--Crabby Dick's--only to discover it closed!! WTF!! They are going to get an email from me. So we strolled the streets a bit and then decided to drive to Annapolis since it was sorta on our way home to grab some dinner. Annapolis is really the most adorable place, brick streets, historical row houses, the whole thing...oh yes and the US Naval Acadamy, which means HOT men in sailor uniforms. MMMM mmm. I could have eaten friggin Cracker Jacks for dinner and have been satisfied. Yeah buddy. So basically we ate dinner at this overpriced seafood restaurant and then headed back home where we passed out on the couch.

Today--NOTHING. No SUN, no CARS, no nothing. :-)

All in all, an awesome weekend, and I'm definetly looking forward to a 4-day work week!! YES!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've had some good times lately! And, I'm glad to see that the beer cans are at least good beer!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Good times, it was good to see you and everyone else again.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to tell you that I autocross also and am dying to get on the dragon, so post up that video of your dragon run!

keep on, keepin on...

MellyDoodle said...

Chris, good to see a new ummm face on the blog! I totally forgot that you autocross. Yeah um Scott is currently doing some work on the video I shot, he says I literally took about a minute of steady footage so I'll see what I can get out of it.

I work to please my readers!

That came out bad.