CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 7, 2007

Smoky Mountains and a Small Car

Whelp, I made it home alive from Minis on the Dragon 2007. Damn that is one crazy road. I think they claim it has 318 turns in 11 miles. Needless to say, I was on the verge of vomiting about half of the time we were driving on it. The midnight run we did on Saturday with like, 80-100 other Minis was the worst of them all--I was literally choking down the vomit because my genius boyfriend got his windows tinted hours before and I couldn't roll the window down. But, I kept all the vomit in and all was well. The Smoky Mountains are really beautiful. The air was clean, there was no cell phone service, barely any internet, and I don't think we had a phone or clock in the room. It was definetely in redneck country and we saw many "sweet dudes" in pickup trucks with their rebel flag license plates/stickers/etc. While I think I would go back and visit the area, I don't think I could stay there longer than a few days. I began to feel trapped there, because there was no actual city within like, 30 miles of where we were. I dunno...I'm no wilderness girl. Shocking I know.

In other news, my birthday is coming up and I dread it as it gets closer. Best thing is, I actually keep forgetting about it so that's good. Shit on Thursday I'll prolly even forget its my birthday and come off looking like an idiot. I've been very good about not telling people at work about it, hopefully no one does anything stupid.

Oh yes, we did take some sweet video of us driving on the Dragon and hopefully I can either post that or a link to it at some point. I was the one videotaping so the actual video will probably make you nauseated with all the shaking. Hey I'm no professional. Until then here are some pictures from people who are (sort of) professionals at killboy.com. They pretty much make a living taking a selling photos of people driving the dragon. Here are a couple decent ones to hold you over:

Numero Uno

Numero Dos
Numero uh Tres
OK this isn't us but this car is sweet
Last one, you get the point

SOoooo, the photos are neat but you really need video to get it. I probably won't get that up till next week since Scotty will be out of town starting Wednesday.

Oh well, enjoy the photos till then!

0 comments: