CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Great Caveat...

I've now learned that before you accept a job, you should ask a TON of questions. And I don't just mean the typical elephant-ton, I mean a SHIT TON. Then you won't get yourself into the predicament of "well ass crap I didn't know my job/company/responsibilities were going to be like THIS!" because you would have already known that before you started. I know…I'm very smart. So anyhow, this morning I typed out a long list of questions to send over to the State Department in regards to the job they offered me. Whelp, it was certainly a shocker when I got the answers back. The interesting tidbits:

-I can't start the job till I get either an Interim Top Secret Clearance or Top Secret Clearance. The Interim supposedly takes "3-4 months", however, having one does not guarantee you a full TS Clearance. Thus, I could quit this job, go work at State, la de da de, then find out my full TS does not get approved…whoops, this lady would be out of a job. So you ask, "Hey dumbass, why don't you wait for a full TS?" Then I answer you, "Because, douchebag, it takes on average NINE MONTHS, more likely twelve".

-I can send in all of the proof of current salary I want—there is NO guarantee they will match me. Now you ask, "Well, maybe they'll offer you even MORE than you make now!!" And I say, "You are an idiot. This is the government we are talking about."

And honestly there were about 5 other things I don't even have the energy to type out right now. SO basically I don't know if I can take this offer. What, am I supposed to suffer in this job for 9-12 months and then go work at State making (probably) less than what I do now? Excellent idea.

Looks like I am back to square one! Man I need a glass of wine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I'm too lazy to log in)...

Sorry to hear about all this. If it's any comfort, I'm thinking *this close* to going to Pizza Hut on Monday and asking for an application. Hey, my two food jobs both involved pizzas, so why not. Plus we are getting sick of this apartment and we really really really want to start saving for a house. So, that's it.

AmBeR