CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Whole Foods? Wholy $$$!

Well, I was planning on taking photos of the sweet stuff I was planning on doing this weekend to make a post, and it just so turns out that I didn't do anything OVERLY sweet, nor did I remember to bring the camera anywhere. Oops. But, I did finally venture today to Whole Foods, the grocery store for the rich and trendy. Here's what I purchased for a total of $32.02 with tax:

1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
1 box of organic risotto mix
1 small block of NY cheddar cheese
1 bag of romaine lettuce mix
1 package of garlic & vegetable organic frozen ravioli
4 pink organic apples
1 bunch of pussywillow stem things (insert laugh and dirty thought) to go in the tall oddly green colored vase I have
1 slice of pizza from the prepared foods area

Pricey, no? But, I can honestly say that Whole Foods had the most amazing selection of flowers, plants, fruits, and overall produce that I've ever seen in a grocery store. The seafood counter looked awesome, and even the meat counter selection looked great. I really wish I could afford to buy all or mostly organic foods, but after that trip I know I can't do a big grocery trip there--but I'll definetly stop in for fresh seafood and even produce when everything looks like shit at the other grocery stores (which, it typically does).

Other than that, good weekend! Had some fun, relaxed, cleaned (ok a very small amount).

Job interview in the morning. Keeping those options open. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I like the whole insert dirty laugh, i was laughing wehn i seen the dirty word, then i caught your (insert dirty laugh) and was like damn... you got me!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mel! I'll be thinking about you! Let me know how it goes -

Amber

Anonymous said...

i wonder how organic KFC chicken is...hmmm

GOOD LUCK TODAY DOODLES!

Anonymous said...

I see no hot pockets or a case of blatz ice in that bill.... egads!