CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Starbucks etiquette?

Even though my morning on the Metro started with some kind of odd security issue that closed the train I was on and required me to run to another, I still got to Georgetown early. Shocking, I know. So I stop at Starbucks and look forward to enjoying my morning green tea with the Washington Post. I sit down in the back at one of the small round tables with 2 chairs. I have my newspaper open, stuff on the table, I’m having a decent morning. Then, some dude decides that it is perfectly OK to sit down in the other chair at my table. He does not say, “may I sit here” or “is this seat taken?”. Nope, he just sits his ass on down and proceeds to eat 2 doughnuts. The last thing I want to start my morning with is an argument with a stranger in Starbucks, but let me ask you this—is this now a socially acceptable practice? Since when is it kosher to sit down at a person’s table without even asking them if it is ok?

Do I not understand Starbucks etiquette, or are people just really really rude around here (ok I knew they were rude but come on…)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm that is quite the dubious gesture from this fellow. You should have been like "le excuse me sir, but you may have to pardon my gas" Or at least he should have offered you a donut.

Anonymous said...

I would have just asked the bastard to move...That's really rude...

Anonymous said...

LOL! wtf is with people out there? Not quite like jewwy beachwood I see. I probably would have been a complete ass, opened my paper right into his doughnuts and viva sized mochaChocolatte or whatever the f it is you people drink there. Either that or would have fired up a bad case of ticks or something. oprah_likes_okra would have probably hit on him, no doubt.