CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, February 5, 2007

My Monday at work, up to 1:30

8:30 am: Arrive @ work 30 minutes early with my Starbucks Green Tea. Completely numb from the 10 degree weather and mile walk from the Metro. Mystified because a man in a leather jacket passed me on the street and called me baby. IN GEORGETOWN.

8:30-9:30: Chat with boss. Shuffle papers, look busy. Check Gmail. Make phone call to another company hoping they will hire me, get stuck leaving VM. Eat some fruit snack-like things that were really cheap, but discover they are not very tasty.

9:30-10ish: Check Gmail account approximately 5 times. Play solitaire. Win 1 game. Start losing horribly, give up. Realize I have a team meeting but pseudo-boss has failed to show up to work thus far. Team asks me what to do. I laugh and cancel the meeting even though I have no authority to. I laugh more, to myself of course.

10ish-11:00: Decide to start writing this blog post while further confirming the fact that I really really dislike my job. Begin thinking about the tacos I’m making for dinner tonight. I like tacos. Get pissed because I won’t be having tacos till 8 or 8:30 thanks to my commute.

11:00-11:45: Meet with boss and pseudo-boss. I express my confusion about everything I do on a daily basis (i.e, nothing). I also say, in a very nice way, that I’m not sure I’m in the right job or in the right company. Seems to go over well. I think if I quit they will not be shocked. Leave realizing I still have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing.

11:45-12:00: Check Gmail again. No job offers. Damn. Search for those 11 elusive unread emails among the 2500 emails I have so I can mark them as “read”. Can’t believe I’m actually doing this.

12:00-12:30: Eat my lunch consisting of a “yummy” sandwich (Target brand bun and cheese and some turkey from a plastic container) along with chips (Target brand), an apple, & some free water. Ponder why I had more money in grad school than I do now. Play more solitaire. Win another game. Wish I was eating Chipotle. Win another game! Yeah!

12:30-1:30: Attempting to write a technology requirements document. I have no clue what I'm doing. Play more solitiare. Win ANOTHER game! Shit I rock. Pop some Orbit gum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well- looks like you'll be having another friend in DC who will be doing mindless work. Me!

I just accepted the job offer today. Meaning- I feel completely worthless at work now. And I want to throw up.

But here's to some fun in DC! (glad you're blogging again!)
~Linsey

Anonymous said...

Oh the wonder-oso blog has returned! It's great to know that I have yet another site to stumble upon during my day of monotony. While my days tend to drag on and on, there is definitely not a lack of crap for me to do, where as it appears is the exact opposite of your current situation melly. I am picturing this working out in your favor however. Office Space is coming to mind, along with Peter's rise to management despite blatant laziness and hatred toward his job! CRAPE DENIM!

Anonymous said...

Oh and still sucking down those Starbucks ehh? I guess in Georgetown it's probably a necessity...